AquaCore is a service-oriented marine traffic monitoring system that integrates functionality from both River Information Services (RIS) and Vessel Traffic Systems (VTS).
Following a modular design, AquaCore intuitive interface based on near-real time dashboards provide an accurate overview of activities and tasks which result in rapid and accurate decision making.
AquaCore can also include additional sensors and support new services with ease.
AquaCore© is a product of Horizonte AS 2018. All Rights Reserved
AQUACORE CHARTING ENGINE (ACE)
Developed by Horizonte, is a new generation WPF/DirectX based charting engine that utilizes the Graphical Processing Unit (GPU) compatible with WPF multithreading technology for better performance. ACE supports all required ENC formats such as: S57, S63, IENC, pENC and bENC.
‣ Multiple chart handling
‣ Handling sensor data: AIS, Radar, Fused data (AIS+Radar), MET and HYDR sensors, VHF-DF, Water level, etc.
‣ Full library of AIS messages (messaging/broadcasting)
‣ Processing and displaying radar images and ASTERIX messages
‣ AtoNs (creating, modifying, positioning and displaying)
‣ Route suggestion planning (distributing by waypoints to vessel(s))
‣ Displaying weather, ice condition, and water level information on the chart
‣ Movement prediction based on AIS data
‣ SART handling and Blue Force encryption
‣ Extensive navigation functionality
‣ Intelligent warning and Alarm suite (proximity, shallow protection, etc.)
Service Oriented Architecture with multi-tier modular design based on up-to-date industry leading technologies:
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7
• Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for user interface
• ORM for database handling*
• Microsoft SQL Server 2017*
• Enterprise Service Bus for internal communication and interface to external systems (Service Oriented Architecture)
*Supports various database platforms like MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Vessel Tracking and Tracing (VTT)
Near real-time display of all relevant data over chart areas. Developed to support touch screen functions, is intuitive and user-friendly.
MONITORING AND ALERTING
Electronic ENC chart overview and alarms to support the operator of the overall situational awareness traffic situation. Flexible configurable early warning/alerting system that advices on possible dangerous situations. Generates predefined messages based on templates (NTS, ERI, NW, NM).
NOTICE TO SKIPPERS (NTS)
Provides information to skippers regarding the state of the inland waterway infrastructure (fairway and traffic information). Automatic translation of the most important content of notices with a standardized structure and using standard vocabulary in combination with code lists.
Standard AIS messaging functionalities in addition to sensor fusion (AIS+Radar).
Electronic Reporting (ERI):
Archive for ERI Reports and provides the following main functionality:
• Handles incoming ERI Messages (from other RIS Centers and AquaCore users) and receipts.
• Processes all ERI messages like BERMAN, ERINOT, PAXLST, and WASDIS.
• R2D2 communication ability to distribute ERI messages across European river authorities.
• Sends ERI Messages to recipients of ERI Rep.
• Provides ERI Editor Functions for national users and possibility to create ERI Reports.
• ERI Report management functions: force sending ERI Messages, recipient list manipulation, interface to manual acknowledgement.
AquaCore is a product from Horizonte AS © 2017. All Rights Reserved
Creating, updating, storing and viewing vessel related Hull data in line with the specifications in the framework of the European Hull Database.
Configurable interface to track and control processes based on workflows. All incident data can be reported through the statistics module.
LOCK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Provides a Receipt of the estimated time of arrival (ETA) of vessels approaching the locks and also a Notification between locks. It also allows registration of events and collected data (locking data, vessel data, obstructions, malfunctions, etc.).
Logging and replay of data with video export feature.
Provides standard and/or customized reports. Possibility to export into an OLAP data source for further big data analyses.
Functionality for waste handling, documenting and reporting.
External Web Services
Provides the means for creating, updating, storing and viewing relevant information, either utilizing Aquacore’s External Web Service or integrated into an external web system.
SENSORS & INTERFACES
External Providers and/or Sensors
• CCTV: Stream and control camera imagery with follow-up function
• VHF/UHF: Start a VHF communication by a simple click of a button on the Aquacore display
• Water level and water temperature: Gathers and displays data from sensors and provide warnings in case of low water level
• Ice Condition: Displays and highlights those areas in which ice is currently present
• DGPS: Interprets correctional messages hence increasing position accuracy
Interfaces and integration to external systems
Horizonte’s architecture supports multiple connection points to sensors and external systems. Supported protocols and standards:
• TCP and UDP for AIS feed, CCTV or VHF communication
• REST and/or SOAP web services for meteorological, hydrological data, ENC charts, ERI, NtS, HULL data
• ASTERIX protocol for radar and IVEF Protocol (open Inter VTS Exchange Format)
• Authentication system can be connected to existing Active Directory or as standalone
• Supports two-factor authentication
• Role Based Security model
• Supports any type of security domain separation models
• Software development platform is based on Visual Studio 2017
• Development process based on agile methodology and we use SCRUM to make it flexible
• Atlassian Products as our CI framework
• AquaCore supports dynamic load balancing, redundant hardware architecture, and virtualization
• System can be deployed on Windows Server 2012R2 or higher
• AquaCore can be hosted in any cloud architecture
• Time-synchronization is used in the entire system
• Clients are available for the latest versions of both Windows and Mac